Welcome! Holy Trinity Church is a warm and welcoming Church of England congregation. We exist to worship God, serve our community and enable our church family to live and share Christ's love with others
Safeguarding Contacts for the Diocese and the Parish
Tsungai Muchegwa: Safeguarding Case Worker for Oxford Diocese, responsible for Holy Trinity, Seer Green and Jordans.
email: @Tsungai.Muchegwa@oxford.anglican.org Telephone: 07435 550685.
Olwyn Davison-Oakley: Safeguarding Officer for Holy Trinity, Seer Green and Jordans
email: email@example.com Telephone: 07769 677556
For further information about Safeguarding, click on the tab at the top of this page
Holy Trinity is open for private prayer every day between 10am and 3pm
1) YouTube channel: This is where you can access all of our video content on demand
Use this link for daily prayers and other information.
We are sorry that we are still unable to stream our services. Our AV team is looking for volunteers to join the rota for running the PowerPoint and live stream during services. Please speak to Janna if you can help.
Summary of Services and Notices for September 2023
Sunday 3 September: Trinity 13
10am: Midweek Communion Service, Jez and Michelle
3-5pm: 'Back to School' Afternoon Tea in the Churchyard.
This is the last of our series of Sunday afternoon tea parties in the Churchyard. A huge thanks to everyone who has contributed in any way to making these events a special time for all who came along.
Wednesday 6 September
10.30am: Midweek Communion Service: Jez and Michelle
Sunday 10 September: Trinity 14
8am: BCP Communion Service: Jez
10am: Morning Praise, Welcome for Baptism Families: Jez and Janna
Sunday 17 September: Trinity 15
10am: Joint Service with SG Baptist Church: Jez and Louise Gilbertson
6pm: Confirmation Service at Chalfont St Giles: Bishop Alan
Sunday 24 September: Trinity 16
8am: BCP Communion Service: Dan
10am: Traditional Holy Communion: Michelle, Jez and Peter
Activities during the week at Holy Trinity:
Holy Trinity is open every day, 10am to 3pm, for private prayer and contemplation.
Holy Trinity Discussion Group: Thursday mornings at 11am in the Vestry. No knowledge is necessary, so come along and join in with this lively group. Contact Janine on 07525 322955 for more information.
The following is a summary of the ideas presented by Jez
on behalf of the PCC on Sunday 23 July at our morning service:
We are submitting a number of Faculties to the Diocesan Advisory Committee for Phase 1 of our vision:
• To create a more flexible, elevated space at the front of church for choirs and music groups, and the more intimate communion table;
• To create more flexibility around the congregational layout, including more family space at the back when needed; and being able to create alcoves which can fit a table, for craft activities
• To improve the visibility and aesthetics. This includes visibility of personnel at the front and the projection screen, and the quality of the sound system.
The proposed changes are:
• Remove the pulpit, temporarily move the organ into that space, and lower the projection screen.
• Temporarily remove the priest’s chair and the rails between the nave and chancel, to give elevated space at the front of the church. The vicar and the keyboard can then be on the elevated level..
• Remove 5 pews, the two in the front and 3 at the back. This gives more space in the front for music groups and space at the back for families with young children.
• Make the remaining pews movable and stabilise them so that we can have different pew arrangements.
• Cut the plinth off the foot of the font as it is a trip hazard.
• Replace the two front speakers with more modern ones to improve the quality of contemporary music.
Thank you to everyone who gives to sustain the life, mission and ministry of Holy Trinity Church. If you normally give via the collection plate, you can now make a one-off gift by clicking on Giving Online.
OR you can activate our Online Giving page by using the QR code below. If you are not familiar with the QR code, it's an "uncoded" picture which, if you hover a smart phone over it, will take you straight to the website - like the ones currently being used in the Test and Trace process.
OR during services use our new card reader, or the orange envelopes for cash or cheques which can be placed in the green box at any tiime or delivered to our Treasurer at 58 Chalfont Road. To Gift Aid your donation please add your name and address.